Thursday, December 16, 2010

Monday night squidge

Monday should be the day to redeem the indulgences of the weekend with some cleansing food, but, to be honest, when I gave time to the cravings of my tastebuds, some squidgy creamy pasta was where my instincts were leading me. And though I valiantly fought off all thoughts of bacon and blue cheese pasta, my end-of-Monday self was crying out for it, and so I dutifully trotted off to equip myself with the necessities. When I was giving some lovely salty bacon the chop, I also thought to use a mushroom that was languishing forlornly in the fridge: food waste is a pet hate of mine, possibly as a consequence of my "there-are-children-starving-in-Africa" 80s upbringing.

Sizzle and soften and release all of that lovely saltiness oh pig and fungus pals-on-the-pan.

Aaaah, the joys of fresh pasta - it's just so plump and silky. I have yet to try my hand at making it, I think that this may be a task for those dull days of January.

Glorious, glorious greedy lumps of Cashel blue cheese.


Mmmm, crispy Mc-crisp. I am, of course, talking about the bacon and not the quality of this photo.

All whirled together, in a creamy swirl of saltiness.

And though this may not be my most virtuous of culinary creations, it took about ten minutes and made me very, very happy indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment