Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cookie Monster

Given that I'm a pretty massive fan of biccies, it's funny that I've never really made them before. I've baked tons of cakes, but I've never given biscuits a go. Maybe it's my subconscious mind protecting my blood sugar levels from my insatiable greed.

Until a couple of days ago, that is, when I decided that we needed to try out the old oven in work, which has been lying dormant for a long time. We're breathing life back into an old community centre, so I figured that the smell and warmth of a batch of cookies baking in the oven would perk it up a little.



I made up the mixture at home, just so I wouldn't be staggering through the snow with bags of flour and sugar, breaking eggs and squishing butter on the ice. And how incredibly easy it was, not to mention super speedy. Basically it involved gathering the usual suspects and combining them.





Bitta weighing, bitta mixing and badda bing, badda boom: chocolate chip cookie dough is no longer just a flavour of Ben and Jerry's ice-cream to me.


And the oven, I was delighted to discover, works absolutely perfectly. Hopefully it will play host to further adventures in baking in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment